As I was searching Techcrunch.com, I found an article that said AT&T was buying T-Mobile for $39 billion. This merger would give AT&T a customer base of 130 million, which would put them in the top cell phone carrier ahead of Verizon (who has around 100 million). This merger could be stopped by government regulations, but that is unclear at this point. If it doesn't, the switch will only take a year to complete. The thing I find so funny is that Sprint was trying to buy T-Mobile and it appears most employees working for both companies thought that Sprint would get the buy. As we know this didn't happen and it appears it didn't, because AT&T offered more money. Everything in our society is based around money that is the capitalistic way. I find it so incredible that money is such a powerful object and the people with the most money (hence power) win. The AT&T and T-Moble merger will raise a lot of questions for consumers on both ends. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/20/sprint-t-mobile-att-deal/
No comments:
Post a Comment